Seaside Mulch has three sizes of white river rock, 3/8″, 1/2″, and 1″. White river rock is a popular type of decorative stone that can be used for a variety of outdoor applications, including:
- Landscaping: Use 3/8″ and 1/4″ white river rock as a mulch around trees, shrubs, and flowers to help suppress weeds, retain moisture, and improve the appearance of your landscape. You can also use white river rock to create walkways, patios, and other outdoor living spaces.
- Driveways and parking areas: 1″ white river rock is a durable and attractive option for driveways and parking areas. It is easy to maintain and can withstand heavy traffic.
- Drainage: White river rock can be used to create drainage ditches and channels to help divert water away from your home and foundation. It can also be used to fill in french drains and sump pump basins.
- Retaining walls: White river rock can be used to build retaining walls to hold back soil and prevent erosion.
- Water features: White river rock can be used to create waterfalls, ponds, and other water features in your yard. It can also be used to line the bottom of swimming pools and hot tubs.
When using white river rock for outdoor applications, it is important to choose the right size and type of rock for the job. For example, if you are using white river rock as a mulch, you will want to choose a smaller size rock that will be easy to spread and will not pack down too tightly. If you are using white river rock for a driveway or parking area, you will want to choose a larger size rock that is durable and can withstand heavy traffic.
To install white river rock for outdoor applications, simply follow these steps:
- Prepare the area by removing any weeds or debris.
- Lay down a layer of landscaping fabric to help suppress weeds.
- Spread the white river rock evenly over the area.
- Use a tamper to compact the white river rock, especially in areas where it will be subject to heavy traffic.
- Water the white river rock to help settle it in place.
With proper care, white river rock can last for many years, making it a great choice for a variety of outdoor applications.
Here are some additional tips for using white river rock for outdoor applications:
- For best results, use a geotextile fabric under the white river rock to help suppress weeds and prevent the rock from sinking into the ground.
- If you are using white river rock for a walkway or patio, be sure to create a border to keep the rock in place.
- To clean white river rock, simply rinse it with water. You can also use a mild soap if needed.
- White river rock can be used to create a variety of different designs and patterns. Get creative and have fun with it!